The “Pin It” button is not showing up properly (or it shows up, but clicking isn’t working). What can I do?
Here are some things to try. After each one re-test a few posts or pages on your site to see if it’s fixed.
- Make sure you’ve updated to the most current version of the plugin.
- Clear your browser cache, log out/log in, test in a different browser.
- If using any WordPress caching plugin, please empty/clear it (i.e. W3 Total Cache or WP SuperCache).
- Disable other Pinterest-related plugins being used.
- Test for theme and plugin conflicts (click here for more details)
Where can I find detailed shortcode and CSS class help?
There’s a help page under the Pin It Button menu item in your WordPress admin area with all the details.
Why do my pin counts seem off?
How do I display the button in places other than above or below the content (i.e. use a shortcode)?
- Use the shortcode
[pinit]to display the button within content.
- Use the function
<php echo do_shortcode('[pinit]'); ?>to display within template or theme files.
- More shortcode instructions in the “Pin It” Button settings in your WordPress admin area.
How do I get the “Pin It” button to line up next to my other social sharing buttons?
- Add custom CSS on the settings screen and optionally remove the surrounding
- Upgrade to the Pro version which includes some other social sharing buttons.